Wednesday, August 19, 2009

35 YEARS DOWN - ETERNITY TO GO





On August 19th Dan and I celebrated 35 years of wedded bliss. It is incredible to think of the experiences we have shared. I never could have conceived the joys I've experienced along the journey of life. Having children, the blessings of the gospel and temple in our daily lives, owning a business, activities with children and the community, traveling throughout the world for business and pleasure, serving a mission... we dealt with time-consuming jobs, demands of school and sports for the children, house-training pets, demanding church callings, building a home and financial ups and downs...but everything was faced together with the eternal perspective that we are a forever family.


After 35 years our eternal family has gone from two to 12 (5 children + spouses) to 24 (with 12 grandchildren)! I thought that marriage would be "always being together" which is exactly what it is now. The experiences we've shared and the promise of eternity means even when we're apart temporarily we are together...still just the beginning of these two young kids who fell in love.


Enjoy the video of us throughout the years!


4 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

Wow Mom, I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Its beautiful and fun and trendy and I'm so excited to read it, I loved your first post!!!

Andi Sherwood said...

I love your blog! It is so you! I am so excited that you are joining the blogging world.

:)

mdjensen said...

How fun Mom! I loved seeing those pictures!

Looking forward to reading your blog! Love ya!

Esther Ogden said...

Mom, welcome to the blogging world! I love your video-so great to see you and Dad having so much fun together. Avery watched it with me and when it started she said, "Hey, that's my family!" Then for six and a half minutes when each new picture came up she said, "That's Nonna and Grandpa, huh?!" The WHOLE video! She was so excited that I just indulged her. Great blog, Mom!