Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ode to Drixoral






Oh! Drixoral, Drixoral. Wherefore art thou Drixoral?

'Ere once I openly met thee at the drugstores,
silently thou didst creep behind the counter.

Doest thou lay in slumber whilst I lay in agony?

Oh, my little green m&m pill!
Thou hast brought me relief in my youth when
I took thee into mine abode and cherished thee within my closet.

Never didst I abuse thee.
Ever did I beg thee to keep the formulation of thy youth.
I need thee!
My nose drips, my head throbs, there is no other who can take thy place.
Care ye not for my suffering? Is my searching to be in vain?

No more in the cold & allergy rack.
Not to be found behind the counter.
I journey the land seeking to find your hiding place,
Willing to sacrifice identity and gold to again possess thee, yet I depart empty handed.


I plea to the powers of the FDA and pharmaceuticals!
Enduring commercials for diseases previously unknown are but a minor irritation.
Gladly will I seek my medical professionals advice.

Please tell me where I can find thee once again, Drixoral.

Drixoral. Thy name is hope to me.

It is air in my nostrils, clearness of head and mind.

Drixoral, Drixoral! Please return to me, thy truest friend.

5 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

Awesome. :) You should put a copywrite date and mark on that. :)

Esther Ogden said...

You are a genuine Juliet...get it, Julie? I love thy cleverness! =)

Aukward Puffin said...

I fondly recall your pill pushing days as our mission "medic". Any sign of congestion immediately brought forth your "green m&m"!

Liz Lambson said...

Ha! I love this!

Andi Sherwood said...

Dear Mom,

I miss your posts! Please write again soon.

Love,

Dea :)