Saturday, October 25, 2008

Changing Clothes

Sometimes Change Is Not Good!

This memory is from my childhood...
I remember mother and daddy getting mad at me for changing my clothes “10 times a day”. "They’re my clothes, why can’t I change them whenever I want?"
Of course I didn’t understand the mess and the laundry resulting from that practice…
Angel was the same way, changing her clothes constantly. I told her my story, but said if she picked up her clothes after she changed them, it was okay.
Then… there was laundry.
To her, picking up her clothes meant putting them in the laundry basket. I told her if she did her own laundry she could change as much as she wanted. That pretty much took care of her changing clothes all the time, or at least how it affected me.
I realized that my mother couldn’t just throw in a load of clothes like I could, she borrowed my grandma’s wringer washer at that time and hung the clothes outside on a line. It was a lot of work for my mother with our large family.
Now, Angel has two little girls who change clothes constantly! Angel scolds them about it but I don’t think you can fight genetics!

1 comment:

Angel Brockbank said...

That's great. The generations truly do repeat themselves. I love it, Its so fun to watch myself as a child again (Abbie). Sometimes I can just completely understand her because she truly is so much like her, I think that's why I'm so lenient with her, its like raising myself. Kinda weird.