Saturday, October 25, 2008

What Do You Clean?

When you are going to have guests to your home, what do you clean?
Another way of saying it, when you go to someone's house what do you notice is clean? Not clean?
Our stake has been doing preparedness classes. I volunteered to host the last class in the series this Thursday. I have been in the process of re-organizing bathroom cabinets, the playroom closet, food pantries and storage room. The last two in case someone asks to see my storage systems and the others just because...I don't know why but it seemed important at the time.
The playroom is/was a total waste of time because there are about 6 kids coming and they will play in the playroom (see irony of the playroom blog). The first mothers that take their kids in there will be duly impressed I guess.
The other wrinkle, which I know will get me no sympathy, is that the person who helps with the cleaning comes on Friday, the day after.
Come clean! Where do you look, and where do you clean?

1 comment:

Angel Brockbank said...

I keep my living room and kitchen as tidy as I possibly can. When someone is coming over I make sure that is done and try to do the girls room as well. I generally never get to my bedroom, although I did do it about a week ago and it is still completely clean and such a good feeling to walk into everyday. But my priorities are my living room and kitchen, although my spaces are limited.