Saturday, July 4, 2009

Aelizia June 27, 2009


Aelizia Laralei Jensen arrived a little early and had a few complications but we are excited to have that behind us and have her home with her mom and dad - Brian & Laralei. She was 6.3 pounds and her length is in dispute but I can tell you she has long fingers and toes. Her features are delicate and her little face perfectly round and innocent.
At birth she had severe anemia and had to be transferred to a hospital with a NICU to receive a blood transfusion. It was critical for a while but they felt the Lord's hand in guiding the timing, process and health professionals who did tests not normally done which revealed the problem promptly. Thanks to all who have fasted and prayed for her.
Brian and Laralei are so grateful to begin their family... I even saw Brian change a diaper! I love seeing the look on their faces as they hold her. It was worth the wait, they're a beautiful little family now.
Aelezia - we'll be calling her Ellie - make an even dozen of grandchildren for me. 6 boys, 6 girls...an OCD dream come true!

1 comment:

Andi Sherwood said...

She is such a doll! I am so grateful I was able to be there and hold her! I told Jason that I hadn't been "fixed" (he hates it when I say that), I'd be trying to convince to have another baby. :) At the same time, I was grateful to come home and get a full nights sleep, without feeding every 2-3 hours, in my own bed. :)

I am so grateful for our Lord's help with the arrival of our precious Ellie. :)