Friday, July 3, 2009

DALLAS - HOT LIKE A FEVER!







Dallas in June is hot, or did I have a fever?
My nonna services were needed for two families at once. Being the "out of the box" type of thinker I am I came up with a plan. I took Justis and Nia to Texas to be with Tori and Abbie so I could nonna sit both at once. Angel and Brad were only gone for a few of the 10 days so I can't over dramatize my bravery...but there was one contingency we didn't plan for: Strep Throat.
A day or two after arriving Justis didn't feel well. He seemed to have a fever and said his throat hurt so I gave him some Tylenol. He had a badly infected finger which we thought may be the cause of the fever. Soon, Tori and Nia didn't feel well. Virus alert!
It was 90+ degrees, it was hard for me to judge if I was hot, or fever hot. Pain killers/fever reducers are a miracle of modern science. They allowed me to continue my hectic schedule of cooking, swimming, playing and keeping the house picked up while Angel and Brad were gone. I felt terrible, but was loving the chance to be with the kids. Time to suck it up!
Angel had planned fun activities to do like a splash park and a huge jumping/slide kid's place all of which entertained and exhausted the munchkins. Dallas has a large aquarium where the kids saw sharks being fed, huge alligators and a jaguar (he wasn't sure what he was doing in an aquarium). Dallas is an awesome place for families. The pool in their condo unit is literally behind their backyard. No one was too sick (when properly dosed up) to play so we had a great time.
I was glad I could bring the cousins together.
After we returned home Andi took Nia to the doctor and she tested positive for strep. Wow! That explains so much. My blood tests were off the chart for bacteria, a sign I had strep, but I was fine by then. Angel became sick and she tested positive as well. I was gone by then so I couldn't make her jello:)
We had so much fun in Dallas, it was "hot"!

No comments: